Wise Peer Communication Today
Wise Peer Communication is taught by Henry India Holden, a nonbinary certified life coach and peer counselor. It stands on the shoulders of three predecessors (see history below). Wise Peer began as a trauma healing program and evolved over time into the listening, self-empowerment, collaboration, community-building, and healing tool it is today.
Wise Peer Communication History
- Wise Peer Communication, developed by Henry India Holden (formerly India Susanne Holden), trains participants in the healing art of Wise Listening that facilitates self-empowerment, creative and fearless collaboration, connection, trust, healing, self-care, and self-empowerment, in organizations, home, and individual.
Wise Peer Communication adapts Carl R. Rogers’ client-centered Humanistic approach and offers a new version of its three core conditions, called the Four Core Competencies: 1) Authenticity, 2) Meeting the individual where they are, 3) Unconditional positive regard, 4) Holding the other person as whole, wise, and sacred*.
*If so inclined. WPC does not require any spiritual or religious beliefs, 2014-Present.
- Wise Peer evolved from Holistic Peer Counseling System (HPCS), developed by India Holden, trained and certified peer counselors, Seattle 2009-2013.
- HPCS evolved from Holistic Peer Counseling (HPC), Teri Ciacchi, MSW, Portland, Seattle, 2007-2008.
- HPC evolved from Wholistic Peer Support (WPH), developed by Wahaba Heartsun/Amara Karuna, Hawaii, late 1990's - Present.
- WPH evolved from Re-Evaluation Counseling (RC), developed by Harvey Jackins, Seattle, 1990's to Present.
- Reevaluation Counseling, Seattle, 1960's - Present.